Bare Mac High Performance Hub Motor
- This is a bare motor only and does not include a controller or accessories. For a kitted version, please visit (here)
- The most advanced high speed geared hub motor technology available
- 5 to 1 motor planetary gear reduction for ultimate in efficiency and lightweight
- The latest version of the mac motor with upgraded phase wires, thin laminates and temp sensor
- Temp shut down features keep your motor safe at high power
- 9.5 pounds, great weight for this power of motor
- Small diameter (5 inches) fits behind disk brake for stealth
- Temperature sensing protection system for reliability at high power
- Compatible with both 48 and 52 volt batteries
For Advanced Ebike building enthusiasts only
This is a bare motor and does not include any controller or accessories
For a complete kit visit (here)
Warning: We only recommend front wheel motors for advanced user and only with steel (non suspension forks). Putting a powerful hub motor like this can be dangerous. Only take this on if you are familiar with the risks.
For 95 percent of users we recommend a rear motor kit instead of mid drive motors because of their simplicity and comparative affordability.
Front or rear, always use the included torque arms and do your research about properly installing. Every bike is different, and fitting a hub motor to a bike is always a custom installation. We recommend our Bafang mid drive kits for first time kit installers.
Motors like this can put a lot of strain on the drop outs, and precautions must be taken so that you do not snap your drop outs which can be catastrophic on a front wheel drive.
Never install a high power hub motor on the front wheel with a front suspension fork.
This is the finest hub motor kit that we know of on the market.
We have thought about offering this kit for years and have a great relationship with mac motor, but were not satisfied pairing it with a brick sized, ugly and low power ebike controller typical for ebike kits like this.
After 6 months of development, optimizing the Mac Motor mated with the BAC-800 controller, we have finally created a product worthy of the Luna name.
Our controllers are available in both a 6 turn and 12 turn option. The 6 turn is for high speed, the 12 turn is for massive torque, hill climbing, and weight carrying capacity.
We are offering it in both front and rear wheel configurations.
This hub motor accepts disk brake and 7 speed freewheel with standard 135mm rear dropout. The front motor is for 100mm standard dropouts.
Speeds of 30mph are easily obtainable with the 6 turn motor. The 12 turn motor top speed is typical around 23mph but is perfect for pedi cabs, tough hill climbing and other demanding applications. Your top speed will depend on the wheel size with larger wheels having a higher top speed and lower torque and smaller wheels having more torque and lower top speeds. For more details on this please see the purchase guide.
We had this motor custom made to handle high power (1000w) at 52 volts. This is unheard of in a motor this small.