Current Top Sellers
Rated for 60amps continous
Easy to connect
Very small size for discreet wiring
Deans Plugs are one of the simplest designs out there for a 2 conductor plug set. It is constructed of 2 bladed connectors with one set 90° to the other, preventing reverse connections. The benefits of Deans plugs are the efficient size and a reasonable power handling capacity of 60 amps continuous. The primary drawback is they they require an efficient soldering technique since they will deform if too much heat is used. They are sized to accept 12 - 14 AWG wire , however due to the open design are able to be used with a wider range if needed.Deans plugs have become a popular standard for electric bike builders.
1. How much current can these safely handle?
2. Are these easy to solder to?
3. What size wire do these take?
1. This size Deans Plug is rated for 60 Amps.
2. Soldering to a Deans Plug is easier due to its open design, however care must be taken to avoid overheating. Applying too much heat can deform the plastic housing, keeping both halves of the connector mated during soldering can help maintain proper alignment.
3. These are best used with 12 - 14 AWG wire but the open design allows use of a wider range if needed.