Cycle Analyst V3 DPS (with speed sensor)
- Hands down the most powerful and best ebike dashboard ever built.
- Offers an accurate battery gauge by measuring amp hours used very precisely
- Keep an eye on your battery's voltage
- Able to control low voltage cut-off as an extra layer of protection of your battery pack.
- Gives you a complete display of watts, speed, mileage etc...in a very versatile dashboard
- Add temperature control to your DIY ebike
- Throttle adjustments, pedal assist, power tweaking, etc.
- Lots of settings and power to geek into.
NOTE: This is the (S) version WITH a magnetic speed sensor to mount to your front wheel. (Sensor only, spoke magnets can be bought from a variety of sources)
This is the direct plug kit (DP), meaning it has a plug that connects directly to some controllers. If you controller does not have a cycle analyst input plug then you will have to add on the DP shunt for an extra 20 dollars, and then connect the shunt to both battery leads then the cycle analyst will plug right in.
Here is an illustrative picture of the extra shut option and how it plugs into DP. If your controller already has the cycle analyst plug you will not need this shunt.
The most popular DIY device ever almost mandatory for the serious ebike builder. Very powerful and feature filled.
We assume you already know what a cycle analyst is if you are an ebike enthusiast but if you are just getting started you can read up on it.
The most information on the power of this device and its features are on the inventors website in Canada: (read the info here)
You can read the electricbike.com review by (clicking here).
The Cycle Analyst is the first digital dashboard and battery monitor originally designed around the specific needs of electric bicycles. However, the flexible setup configurations, wide feature range, and affordable price have also led it to widespread appeal in a range of other EV applications. From the dashboards of MIT’s solar car, to record-breaking electric motorbikes, to small electric trains, powered wheelchairs, and even sailboats and airplanes, the Cycle Analyst has become the e-meter of choice for keeping track of the vehicle’s battery usage and performance characteristics.
Justin of ebikes.ca saw a need in the market for serious battery protection and management, for both home-builders and commercial ebike builders, and he devised an effective solution. It is a fully functional piece of technology. It does not have fancy readouts, or a fancy case, it does not have any advertising decals, but it does its intended job almost flawlessly. Its screen, although not fancy, is perfectly viewable even in direct sunlight, and also when riding at night (it is back-lit).
1. Can I use this with my BBSxx mid-drive?
2. Where can I get more info about these displays?
1. CA series are not compatible with the BBSxx series drive right out of the box. A BBSxx install would be an advanced builder install since some of the signal wires are internal to the BBSxx. ( i.e. Crank Rotation Sensor)
2. Grin Technologies, the manufacturer of these displays has excellent documentation and up to date version information for all CA series displays. CA product page