Current Top Sellers
For Race Track and Private Property Use Only. Not street legal.
- Full Suspension Fat Tired Bike
- BBSHD High Power Drive
- Full Color Luna Display
- Gear sensor for smooth shifts even at full throttle
- 52v 17.5ah Panasonic GA Custom Made High Performance Battery Pack
- Luna Eclipse Chain Ring
- Luna Advanced Charger 300w
- Luna 20 pc Tool Kit
- Please note this bike is programmed for 1500 watts or 2000w for off road use only (Your Choice)
- This bike has special 50 amp racing edition option (Ludicrous Mode)
- For off road and racing applications only. This is track bike and private property ebike only.
This is the highest power Luna Bike ever offered, and features a Luna Exclusive - a BBSHD with our own custom "Ludicrous" Edition 50 amp controller, the most power to ever be offering in a BBSHD drive. It is being offered at an special introductory price for early adopters.
We are offering it for people who know what they are doing and will be responsible with this kind of power (know what gear to ride in etc.)
We prefer to sale this bike to former customers only. If you are a new customer you may need to convince us that this is the bike you want. This is for people who have owned the stock BBSHD and want more.
It is not legal to ride this bike in Ludicrous Mode on public streets or trails. We sale this bike for private property (hunters etc) and race track riders.
Read electricbike-blog.com independent review on this 50amp bike here.
We have spent months secretly testing the BBSHD with this controller (multiple test units) and have decided to only offer this special Luna controller on our complete bikes because of special needs this controller needs in terms of battery and programming.
We are only offering the Ludicrous Upgrade to customers who will use the bike off road and private property only, and only to loyal former customers who are familiar already with the power of this type of mid drive.
Your bike will retain all the gentile characteristics of the normal BBSHD along with pedal assist program setting etc. We have specially programmed this unit to handle the extra power while still having a very smooth operation.
Your bike will be identical to a regular BBSHD, except the controller is different, but the bike will use the same firmware and the Luna Hot Rod Program setting specially tweaked for this bike. The only difference is your bike will have 50 amps for serious power instead of 30 amps.
Top speed will stay about the same (just a few mph faster) but you will have serious high power torque that a stock BBSHD does not have.
Choose from 9 levels of power assist, even when applying throttle the power will come on smooth so as not to rip apart your drive line components.
Included in this package:
- 52v 17..5ah Panasoinc GA High Performance Battery Pack made for this pack
- Mid drive system (read more)
- Luna Eclipse Chain Ring (read more)
- Color Dashboard display (read more)
- Luna Advanced 300 watt charger (read more)
- Professional assembly
- Our Luna 20 pc Tool Kit including the Luna BBSxx Wrench (read more)
- Quality Front Meilan x1 Light ($20)
- Quality Rear Meilan x5 Laser Rear Light ($25)
Possible Street Legal Version
Get a street legal version of this bike with a stock BBSHD for $300 downgrade price.
Full Bike Specifications
|Front Fork||4 inch travel suspension Fork|
|Rear Shock||DNM mountain bike air rear shock with lockout 165mm|
|Shifter||Shimano Deore 9 speed|
|Derailleur||Shimano Deore 10 speed|
|Cassette||Shimano HG5010, 11-36T, 10-Speed|
|Brakes||Shimano Hydraulic Deore with ebike Shut off|
|Rims||Anodized alloy fat 4 inch anodized|
|Tires||Kenda Juggernaut 4 x 26 inch|
|Weight||66 pounds with battery and motor|
A note about the size: It’s medium sized but a 6’1” rider can comfortably ride it, and if you change the stem and seat post you can use it even if you are over 6’2”
- Technical resources on the motor system, main reference area for BBSHD documentation
- DPC14 display: Manual for display
- How to change DPC14 to 9 levels of assist
- Open source config software for the controller (please note ludicrous controller is custom modified so all amps settings are double what the program settings sees)
- A good discussion on program settings
- Battery care and maintenance
- Charging brand new batteries
Almost motor power without noise
Posted by Mike on Mar 10th 2017
Took her down to San Rafael swell UT and she loved it. Great bike - 20-30mi range - will change (to wider) bars and dropper post but those are minor changes. Thanks Luna!!!
pretty good product,,, great value
Posted by jim maggi on Feb 12th 2017
Took 10 weeks to get a street legal version. One stripped pedal crank and defective wheel speed sensor right out of the box. Fixed the first, waiting on replacement for second. First ebike and would have appreciated some basic manuals on what to expect . Thats the bad news. Exceeds expectations for performance and overall quality. Have had many compliments on value and performance. Have ridden through sand and over some pretty rugged rocky conditions. Hopefully with the new speed sensor and more experimenting with suspension adjustments i can begin to fully appreciate the whole package more.