Current Top Sellers
- Top shelf Shimano Deore Xt disc Brake set
- Price is per the set (front and rear)
- Offering the very best in bicycle brake technology for fast electric bikes
- No need for constant adjustment unlike mechanical disc brakes
- Comes with one disc brake adapter if needed
- One finger can easily stop the bike so you get effortless stopping to match your effortless acceleration
- Includes everything you need except rotors so you can choose the size and type you want.
- Post mount, includes one IS mount adapter if needed
Shimano’s new Deore XT Disc Brake is part of Shimano’s sexy new M8000 group. The new brake offers a few subtle refinements for a reduction in weight and a sleeker look. The redesigned brake features a new lever with an integrated master cylinder and, of course, a menacing black anodized finish. It frees up a bit of real estate on your dashboard with a narrower clamp, and its compatibility with the latest generation of Shimano's I-Spec design, I-Spec II, means that it can also anchor I-Spec II shift levers, saving even more space by attaching both the shift and brake levers with one clamp.
In addition to the excellent power and modulation, the XT Brakes provide easy adjustment to keep your fingers happy and intuitively in control. There's also a tool-free reach adjustment that you're able to dial on-the-fly, along with a free stroke adjustment that lets you determine lever-blade-to-travel before pads make contact with the rotor.
Also, Shimano reworked pivot location so that the arc of the lever mimics the natural movement of fingers for enhanced power. Servo Wave technology comes into play here in order to adjust piston travel relative to lever travel. As you squeeze on the brakes, the gap to the rotor quickly closes, then slows to permit predictable modulation. This allows the pads to sit further from the rotors at rest for less chance of drag. The calipers house a 22mm ceramic piston for inspiring stopping power, and Shimano uses a banjo fitting for the hose attachment at the caliper. The calipers also employ Shimano's Radiator Pads that have integrated fins in order to dissipate heat and to reduce fade on long, hot descents.
The Shimano XT BL-M8000 Hydraulic Disc Brake has hinged, split clamps for easy mounting. It comes as a pre-bled lever/caliper/hose assembly and it’s complete for each end of the bike—except for rotors (sold separately). Shimano XT Brakes will work equally well with XT Ice Tech Rotors or standard XT rotors.