TRIANGLE 48v Panasonic GA 18650 24ah Pack HIGH POWER + LONG RANGE
- NEW! Made up of the most exciting bleeding edge 18650 cell the Panasonic GA 3500
- NEW! Uses an extra layer of high grade thick rubber shrink wrap for more protection and durability.
- Made up of the most exciting bleeding edge 18650 cell the Panasonic GA 3500
- 48v can be used with any 48v controller safely
- 24ah in the same size triangle that would hold 15-20ah if it was made with a lower quality cell.
- 1150 watt hours = incredible range (read article on watt hours)
- Top quality battery made of top quality components
- Uses composite stencils in between the cells to make the pack more rigid and more reliable.
- 13s7p = 98 Genuine name brand grade A 18650 cells (see breakdown on 18650 cells)
- 50 amp continuous 70amp maximum BMS
- Beefy Xt-90s lead wire connectors with spark resistor (included is a male connector with pigtails for the controller)
- Weight of Battery:11.5 pounds
- Life Span: 400-1000 charges
- Dimensions: See drawing in images
- Add a high quality Charger for wholesale price
- This pack may come with a free luna volt meter as a bonus but the meter is not guaranteed or supported, we will gladly replace the volt meter if it breaks but will not replace the battery because of a broken meter
Panasonic 3500 GA cells
This pack is made up of the most exciting (and expensive) battery cells on the market the Panasonic GA (also known as the Sanyo GA) which offers the highest available capacity in an 18650 cell (3400-3500mah) which until now was offered by the Panasonic NCRB. But where as the NCRB was rated less than 5 amps discharge per cell, these cells are rated at 10amps which is powerful enough for almost all ebike applications.
This cell may very well be the ultimate ebike battery pack building block because its both power dense (for long range) and very powerful .
Our cells are guaranteed to be authentic.
Read more about 18650 cell choice here: (breakdown on 18650 cells)
This is the largest triangle pack we have ever sold, we were able to make a 1300 watt hour pack because of the amazing energy density of the Panasonic 3500 GA cell.
This triangle pack is made with a plastic stencil frame to give it good rigidity, superior cell cooling and a firm structure. This is not a glued together pack like many other Chinese triangle packs we have seen. With large triangle bags rigidity of the construction is extra important.
This pack was designed to fit perfectly in the Luna Cycle Triangle Bag. (see products) The battery is a snug fit but once it is inside it has a really nice shaped look. We still recommend using padding inside the bag, especially where the pack makes contact with the frame.
This is a 48v battery designed to squeeze more power out of your stock 48 volt system which means it is compatible with all 48v ebike controllers and will give you an accurate battery read out (a 52v battery will not).
This is a very energy dense pack containing 24ah which means 1300 watt hours which is 1.1 kilowatt hour of energy. This pack is capable of getting you over 100 mile range depending on your bike and riding style. This pack is more than double the size of the packs in 90 percent of commercial ebikes on the market. This triangle pack still manages to fit in most bicycle frames in the triangle (not full suspension).
This is a high performance pack with our 50amp continuous BMS with temperature protection built in. (read our article on BMS).This is a high performance pack designed to put out 3000 watts of power and bursts of up to 5000 watts. Even if your current set up does need this type of amperage it will not hurt your current set up to have this capability for future builds. Plus the high performance cell is designed to last longer than lower quality cells even under lesser amperage. Do not worry about having too many amps as your controller will only use them if it needs them so it's always better to have too many than not enough.
Every ingredient in this pack is top shelf from the cells, to the BMS, to the cell holders and nickel plates holding it together, to the xt-60 and xt-90 spark resistor connectors and our own volt meter built into the pack. All this comes together to be amazing pack for the price. We are very proud of our packs and the amazing price we are offering them for.
Luna Cycles builds its packs with the finest BMS (battery management system) available so that you can plug in your battery and not worry about over charging. Your cells are automatically balanced by the internal BMS in the battery. Our BMS includes such features as temperature over heat protection and advanced cell balancing. These features not only get the maximum performance out of your bms they also keep your battery from getting to low, charging too high, or getting too hot and will automatically shut off your pack if it senses something is wrong. (read our article on BMS)
Ultimate Long Range in a very small size
We filled these packs with the latest battery chemistry to get the highest possible power density. This means despite these packs small size and light weight, they will give you the maximum amount of range compared to other battery packs of similar size. These packs have more amp hours than any commercial ebike, who skimp and use generic cells which are known for being low power density and short battery life.
Regarding Amps: These packs will easily put out 50amps (2600 watts) and even more for short bursts. If your kit can handle 52 volts, and needs 50amps or less these are ideal packs for you. In fact these packs will put out 70amp for short amounts of time (about 3500 watts).
More than likely your controller is less than 50 amps and then you don't have to worry since your controller will only take from the battery what it needs. You cannot fry a controller by selecting a battery with too many amps. Voltage however, you need to be careful with.
Regarding voltage: This is a 13s (48 volt) battery. Most DIY controllers have a range of volts they will accept and most descent 48-volt controllers can handle 52 volts. This is something you must verify about your controller before ordering this battery. And more than likely the only way to really know is to test with a 52 volt battery.
Important note regarding charger:
Does not include a charger but you can add a charger for wholesale price. We recommend you only use a charger purchased from us to insure compatibility (as long as you select one of our 52v chargers) We really recommend the Luna Charger to take care of a quality pack like this which offer slow or fast charge modes, and charge to 80, 90 or 100 percent.
Installation and basic info
1. My battery pack stopped charging, what should I do?
2. My battery is reading (any #) volts, how much life is left before I need to recharge?
1. Often if this happens it is due to the anti-spark feature built into the BMS. Say you did not properly make a connection somewhere and the wires sparked, the BMS would shut itself down to prevent damage to the system. If this happens the first thing you always want to do is to try resetting the BMS by using your charger to try charging through the discharge connector for a few seconds, maybe a minute. You just run a jumper (basically regular wires) from the charger's connector to the battery's discharge contact, making sure you go positive>positive and negative>negative. At Luna we call this jump starting it, instructions can be found here: /jumping-your-lu...-battery-pack
2. This is a 52v nominal pack. As seen in the chart below this pack is full at ~58V and empty at ~45V. For long battery life try to keep voltage between 56.7-46.3v most of the time (A charge percentage of between 90%-10%)