TRIANGLE 52v Panasonic PF 18650 20ah Pack
- Includes Free Luna Cycle triangle bag designed to fit this pack
- Panasonic PF cell triangle Pack
- 52v means higher voltage for even more power with the same 48v controller and motor (read article on benefits of 52v)
- 1050-watt hours means 1 kilo watt of energy = incredible range (read article on watt hours)
- Includes a built in Luna Volt Meter
- Top quality battery made of top quality components
- 14s7p = 98 Genuine name brand grade A 18650 cells (see breakdown on 18650 cells)
- 50 amp continuous 70amp maximum BMS
- Beefy Xt-90s lead wire connectors with spark resistor (included is a male connector with pigtails for the controller)
- Weight of Battery:12 pounds
- Life Span: 400-1000 charges
- Dimensions: See drawing in images
- Add a high quality Charger for wholesale price
- (this pack may come with a free luna volt meter as a bonus but the meter is not guaranteed or supported)
This triangle pack is made with a plastic stencil frame to give it good rigidity, superior cell cooling and a firm structure. This is not a glued together pack like Chinese triangle packs we have seen. With large triangle bags rigidity of the construction is extra important.
This pack was designed to fit perfectly in the Luna Cycle Triangle Bag. (see products) The battery is a snug fit but once it is inside it has a really nice shaped look. We still recommend using padding inside the bag, especially where the pack makes contact with the frame.
This is a 52v battery designed to squeeze more power out of your stock 48 volt system without having to change your controller or motor. To get more information read our article on the benefit of 52 volt batteries.
Not only does the 52v battery give you more power it also gives you more watt hours which means more range than a comparable amp hour 48 volt battery. (read our story on calculating range)
This is a very energy dense pack containing 20ah which means 1100 watt hours which is a kilowatt of energy. This pack is capable of getting you over 100 mile range depending on your bike and riding style. This pack is more than double the size of the packs in 90 percent of commercial ebikes on the market. 20ah in a 52 volt pack is the largest size we recommend be mounted to bicycle and still feel like a bicycle. This triangle pack still manages to fit in most bicycle frames in the triangle.
This is a high performance pack with our 50amp continuous BMS with temperature protection built in. (read our article on BMS).This is a high performance pack designed to put out 3000 watts of power and bursts of up to 5000 watts. Even if your current set up does need this type of amperage it will not hurt your current set up to have this capability for future builds. Plus the high performance cell is designed to last longer than lower quality cells even under lesser amperage. Do not worry about having too many amps as your controller will only use them if it needs them so it's always better to have too many than not enough.
Every ingredient in this pack is top shelf from the cells, to the BMS, to the cell holders and nickel plates holding it together, to the xt-60 and xt-90 spark resistor connectors and our own volt meter built into the pack. All this comes together to be amazing pack for the price. We are very proud of our packs and the amazing price we are offering them for.
Luna Cycles builds its packs with the finest BMS (battery management system) available so that you can plug in your battery and not worry about over charging. Your cells are automatically balanced by the internal BMS in the battery. Our BMS includes such features as temperature over heat protection and advanced cell balancing. These features not only get the maximum performance out of your bms they also keep your battery from getting to low, charging too high, or getting too hot and will automatically shut off your pack if it senses something is wrong. (read our article on BMS)
Ultimate Long Range in a very small size
We filled these packs with the latest battery chemistry to get the highest possible power density. This means despite these packs small size and light weight, they will give you the maximum amount of range compared to other battery packs of similar size. These packs have more amp hours than any commercial ebike, who skimp and use Chinese cells which are known for being low power density and short battery life.
Cell Choice - Panasonic PF
This cell is an excellent choice because its both capable of putting out good amps and power dense. This is the same cell that Tesla uses in their vehicles and Panasonic made it to be used with electric vehicles.
Our cells are guaranteed to be authentic.
Read more about 18650 cell choice here: (breakdown on 18650 cells)
Regarding Amps: These packs will easily put out 50amps (2600 watts) and even more for short bursts. If your kit can handle 52 volts, and needs 50amps or less these are ideal packs for you. In fact these packs will put out 70amp for short amounts of time (about 3500 watts).
More than likely your controller is less than 50 amps and then you don't have to worry since your controller will only take from the battery what it needs. You cannot fry a controller by selecting a battery with too many amps. Voltage however, you need to be careful with.
Regarding voltage: This is a 14s (52 volt) battery. This means that with the same 48v controller you will get more power from the same amps. The is fun, but make sure your controller can handle up to 58 volts which is what a 52-volt battery puts out when fully charged, otherwise you can fry your controller.
Most DIY controllers have a range of volts they will accept and most descent 48-volt controllers can handle 52 volts. This is something you must verify about your controller before ordering this battery. And more than likely the only way to really know is to test with a 52 volt battery.
Important note regarding charger:
Does not include a charger but you can add a charger for wholesale price. When you order a battery and charger from us, the charger will come with the appropriate plug to charge the battery. We really recommend the Luna Charger to take care of a quality pack like this which offer slow or fast charge modes, and charge to 80, 90 or 100 percent.
Installation and basic info
1. My battery pack stopped charging, what should I do?
2. My battery is reading (any #) volts, how much life is left before I need to recharge?
1. Often if this happens it is due to the anti-spark feature built into the BMS. Say you did not properly make a connection somewhere and the wires sparked, the BMS would shut itself down to prevent damage to the system. If this happens the first thing you always want to do is to try resetting the BMS by using your charger to try charging through the discharge connector for a few seconds, maybe a minute. You just run a jumper (basically regular wires) from the charger's connector to the battery's discharge contact, making sure you go positive>positive and negative>negative. At Luna we call this jump starting it, instructions can be found here: /jumping-your-lu...-battery-pack
2. This is a 52v nominal pack. As seen in the chart below this pack is full at ~58V and empty at ~45V. For long battery life try to keep voltage between 56.7-46.3v most of the time (A charge percentage of between 90%-10%)