Luna Charger 36v Advanced 210w Ebike Charger
- NOTE: This has an XT60 Connector, For an Adapter to Work with Your Shark or Dolphin Cases Please Go (here)
- 36V charger (10S)
- Designed for 18650 and lithium ion battery packs
- Smart charger keeps your pack safe and maximizes its life span
- Automatically shuts down when pack is full
- Voltage display lets you monitor your charge as you charge
- Charge to 80, 90 or 100 percent with simple 3 position toggle knob
- Has the ability to double the life of your battery if charged at 80% only (Read about battery longevity)
- 1-5A variable current output for charging fast or slow
- High quality fans runs quiet and are reliable
- Anodized Sea Blue aluminum case
- 2.5 pounds
- 7.25 x 3.5 x 2
- 110v AC input for North America
- Charges to 42v
- xt-60 plug (can easily be changed)
- Read our online documentation here
The Luna Charger was made to our specifications from the largest most reputable ebike charger manufacturer in China. Because we ordered in large volume we got a very good price and pass that price onto you. We mean the charger to be a statement of what we want to do which is offer one of a kind products at an affordable price.
We made this charger with a small form factor considering it is a 210 watt charger. We also had our case anodized coral blue and had a led display built onto the face of it. When you plug in the Charger the led displays the maximum voltage it charges to (~42v for 36v). After you plug in your battery it tells you what voltage your battery is at and you can monitor your voltage while charging. We wanted our charger to be quiet so we made ours with high quality and reliable fans. From selling chargers we have realized that cheap fans are the #1 reason for charger failure. This is a 36 volt charger that charges at 7 amps...that means it can charge a 10ah 36 volt battery in one hour and a half.
It has an important feature that it can charge your battery to 80, 90, or 100% with a rotary knob.
Do Partial Charging
Charge to 80, 90 or 100 percent to really maximize life expectancy (read our article on charging fast or slow)
Car manufacturers such as Tesla who also ride with giant Panasonic battery packs have proven that if you do not charge your pack to 100 percent every time you ride you will greatly extend the life of your pack.
The Luna Charger adds life to your pack without taking a wad of money from your pocket.
Info, Specs and Compatibility
- Charger is configured with over current, over voltage, and short circuit protections.
- Precise limit of voltage and current, intelligent control, and avoids over charge.
- Simple Dual LED indicators : LED 1 shows power is on, LED 2: red shows the battery being charged. Or green shows the battery fully charged (or no load at DC side).
- Voltage display shows the output voltage inside the charger, and the relative voltage of the battery.
- Rotary knob allows you to do partial charge: 80, 90 or 100 percent.
How to Operate
- Check the parameters of the charger and the parameters of the battery to ensure the compatibility of the charger with your battery.
- If you need to connect your own connector make sure the red cable goes to positive of your connector and the black wire goes to negative.
- Make especially sure that the chargers maximum voltage is the same as your Batteries maximum voltage. This 36v (10S) charger max voltage is 42v, the 48V (13S) charger's max voltage is 54.6V, the 52V (14S) model of chargers max voltage is 58.8V. the 72V (20S) chargers max voltage is 84.0V. Your batteries maximum voltage must match these.
- Make sure you plug in your charger to outlet before battery. When LED 1 is red it means the power is on.
- The toggle knob can partially charge your battery to 80% or 90% to prolong its life. We recommend you go to full charge only when you are planning a long ride, and you do not store your battery fully charged.
- When LED 2 Turns red and the fan stops, the battery is fully charged, and the charger will stop charging.
- This charger is configured for use with Luna 36V high capacity 18650 storm battery packs. We make no guarantees about compatibility using other batteries. Please be sure the voltage matches your battery. For example only use the 48V charger on a 48V pack.
- Using the wrong voltage charger is dangerous and can be a fire risk!
- It is up to the user to determine if the charger is appropriate for his battery.