Luna Solder Sleeve Variety Pack
- One of the most clever wiring solutions to come out in recent years
- Low-melt solder inside heatshrink makes for a reliable waterproof connection with no tools
- Ideal simplicity and usefulness for everyday connections
- 2:1 Shrinkage for a good seal
- Heat-activated adhesive ends for waterproofing
- ROHS and REACH Compliant for safety
- Color coded for size
- 50pcs total. 10 white, 10 red, 15 blue and 15 yellow
- Usable with all standard size multistrand wire (10-26 AWG)
Works with all gauge of wire but easiest to work with on wiring smaller than 10AWG. For 10AWG (i.e. largest wiring you are likely to use) you want slow and steady heat at a distance for sustained period of time. For wiring smaller than 10AWG we would recommend pulling wiring all the way through the sleeve and twisting both wiring ends together for the best connection before applying heat. With 10AWG such as XT90-S pigtails the two ends can simply be pushed together so they overlap, then apply heat as usual.
These connectors are usable with a good amount of current (~30A+) but if pulling 50-60A or higher we would recommend butt splices instead. In other words this is a good choice for most ebike kits including high power kits like BBSHD and Magic Pie, but for very high power kits like Cyclone you may want to use a butt splice if working on the discharge wiring from battery to controller. For all other wiring it would work fine, even on cyclone.
This connection can be made with a heat gun or even just a lighter. For a few how-to videos, see here, here, and here.
- Works up to 125*C (257*F)
- Solder begins to melt at 125*C (257*F)
- Solder completely melted at 150*C (302*F)
- Heatshrink is fully contracted at 130*C (266*F)
|Product Code||Color||Length (mm)||Inner Diameter (mm)|
|Item||Test Method||Typical Data|
|Dielectric voltage withstand||RT-1404||2.0KV|
|Voltage Drop||RT-1404||Less than 2.0mV|
|Copper Corrosion||UL224-ASTM D2671||Non-corrosive|