Luna Charger 52V Advanced 300W Ebike Charger
- NOTE: This has an XT60 Connector, For an Adapter to Work with Your Shark or Dolphin Cases Please Go (here)
- 52V (14S) charger charges to maximum 58.8v
- Smaller and lighter than other 5 amp chargers
- Smart charger keeps your pack safe and maximizes its life span
- Charge to 80% 90% or 100 percent with simple 3 position rotary knob (Read about battery longevity)
- Charge fast or slow (1 - 5 amps) with a flick of a 5 position knob (Read about charging speed here)
- High quality fan runs quiet and is reliable
- Usable worldwide. 110-220VAC input by selecting input switch
- Read our online documentation here
Is compatible only with lithium batteries that are designed to maximum charge to 58.8v (all of Luna Cycles 52v 14s 18650 packs)
See our video guide on this charger here: see video
The Luna Charger is Luna Cycle designed charger made for affordability, easy to use, and smart.
We made this charger with a surprisingly small form factor, considering it is a serious 300 watt charger. We had our case anodized sea-blue and had an LED display built onto the face of it. When you plug in the charger, the LED displays the maximum voltage it charges to (58.8 for a nominal 52V pack). After you plug in your battery it tells you what voltage your battery is at, and you can monitor your voltage while charging.
We wanted our charger to be quiet, so we made ours with high quality and reliable fans. This also greatly increases durability as a good fan is critical to reliable charger operation.
The Luna Charger is specially designed to maximize 18650 battery pack life by having two very important features:
- It can charge at 1-5 amps (read the benefit of charging slow)
- It can charge your battery to 80% 90% or 100% (Read about battery longevity)
Most importantly the Luna Charger accomplishes both these functions while being very easy to use. Both of these two functions are changeable with a flick of a switch so you don't need to fidget with any digital interfaces to change your charge. No instruction manual needed here. This is a very simple charger to use.
Charge Slow or Fast
We know that charging slow will extend your battery's life but we also know everyone likes (or needs) a fast charge now and then. (read our article on charging fast or slow)
Do Partial Charging
Charge to 80 or 100% percent to really maximize life expectancy
Car manufacturers such as Tesla have proven that if you do not charge your pack to 100 percent every time you ride, you will greatly extend the life of your pack.
The Luna Charger adds life to your pack without taking a wad of money from your pocket.
Info, Specs and Compatibility
- Charger is configured with over current, over voltage, and short circuit protections.
- Precise limit of voltage and current, intelligent control, and avoids over charge.
- Simple Dual LED indicators : LED 1 shows power is on, LED 2: red shows the battery being charged. Or green shows the battery fully charged (or no load at DC side).
- Voltage display shows the output voltage inside the charger, and the relative voltage of the battery.
- Rotary knob allows you to do partial charge: 80, 90 or 100 percent.
How to Operate
- Check the parameters of the charger and the parameters of the battery to ensure the compatibility of the charger with your battery.
- If you need to connect your own connector make sure the red cable goes to positive of your connector and the black wire goes to negative.
- Make especially sure that the chargers maximum voltage is the same as your Batteries maximum voltage. The 48V (13S) charger's max voltage is 54.6V, the 52V (14S) model of chargers max voltage is 58.8V. the 72V (20S) chargers max voltage is 84.0V. Your batteries maximum voltage must match these.
- Make sure you plug in your charger to outlet before battery. When LED 1 is red it means the power is on.
- Users can choose how many amps they want their charge current to be with the blue knob which goes from 1-5. 1 stands for 1 amp, 5 stands for 5 amps. This determines how quickly it charges the battery.
- The other knob can partially charge your battery to 80% or 90% to prolong its life. We recommend you go to full charge only when you are planning a long ride, and you do not store your battery fully charged.
- When LED 2 Turns red and the fan stops, the battery is fully charged, and the charger will stop charging.
- This charger is configured for use with Luna 52V 18650-cell battery packs. We make no guarantees about compatibility using other batteries. Please be sure the voltage matches your battery. For example only use the 48V charger on a 48V pack.
- Using the wrong voltage charger is dangerous and can be a fire risk!
- It is up to the user to determine if the charger is appropriate for his battery.