In stock with FREE shipping!!
- Our lowest price of the year for Black Friday
- For Riders 16 years of age and older!
- This bike is sold as an off road vehicle not for street use
- Free Shipping in the USA including Hawaii!
- Brand New R Edition
- Gear Box (instead of a belt drive reduction) for added durability and quieter ride
- 45Ah 60v 2700Wh battery made with 21700 cells
- Max rider weight 250 pounds
- Shipping Info and Lead Time (Ships Within USA Only)
- Assembly and setup video
- Check out the facebook owners group for Upgrade information and shipping updates
Also check out the Talaria Sting MX3 at a substantial $500 savings if you don't need the extra power of the MX4.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This bike is sold for off-road use only. It is speed and power limited to comply with federal, state and local laws. Please do not bypass this restriction or modify it to go faster.. The buyer takes full responsibility of the proper use of this product which may or may not conform to all applicable laws in the region it is ridden.
This MX4 is factory limited to 20-25mph. If you remove the limiter, you do it at your own risk (we do not recommend it) and the bike will go over 40mph.
Improved braking system
Talaria understands that if they are going to upgrade their bike to be faster and more powerful they need to improve the braking system. First of all they went with bigger and thicker rotors front and rear. 220mm x 2.3mm compared to the older 203mm x 2.0 mm. This gives you 20 percent more stopping power and heat dissipation. The brake pads are upgraded to a more robust and squeakless pad. 4 levels of regenerative braking that you are able to adjust on the fly make the bike more efficient and less hard on the mechanical braking system. By using regenerative braking wisely you can increase your range by up to 5 percent and greatly reduce brake wear and tear.
More Efficient and Reliable IPM Motor
We are very excited about the upgraded motor on this bike. This is an IPM (Interior Permanent Magnet) motor with bigger and better magnets and a far superior design to the stock Sting and Surron. This means better efficiency, better heat dissipation, and most importantly much more reliability than the stock motor. Magnets coming loose or demagnetized and hall sensors coming loose were the biggest causes of motor failure in the Sting/Surron. This motor also includes a magnetic encoder which removes the need for hall sensors. If you ever upgrade this bike with a more powerful controller this motor will handle much more power than the stock motor, and because it is more efficient you will get more power out of it. This motor will do higher RPMs than the older motors as well, and will give you a more robust power curve.
Bigger and Better Battery
The battery is 45Ah 60v (2700 Watt hours) consisting of high performance LG 21700 (5000mah) cells that do not compromise battery life when putting out the extra range and power. This battery is an 18 percent improvement in range over the Surron X battery.
The Talaria uses a new and improved gearbox for its gear reduction with thickened mounts. This makes the Talaria Sting more quiet and also more reliable (no broken belts) than Surron. Instead of periodic changing of belts, the new gearbox requires changing of the oil every 3000 -5000 miles which is an easy and quick task (5 minutes). You still need to do an oil change after the first 300 miles for break in. The Talaria R comes with enough gear fluid to do your first oil change.
- 220mm x 2.3mm thick rotors both front and rear (stock is 203mm x 2mm)
- Upgraded Brake Pads
- 4 Piston Hydraulic Brakes
- Improved throttle and tuning for smooth and predictable response
- The motor has an encoder (instead of hall sensors) for ultra smooth throttle response.
- Improved and strengthened Gear box (oil only needs to be changed every 3-5 thousand miles)
- IPM Motor Rated for High Power and 94% efficiency
- Thick 3.25 inch rear tire
- 45Ah 60v battery with LG 21700 Cells
- Rear Brake Rotor Protector
- Foot Peg Support Brace
- Full wrap sticker kit (not installed)
- Higo connectors on the ebrake shut off for easy disconnect
- OLED full function display
- Rear Brake Rotor Guard
- Talaria or Fast Ace fork (depending on supply) upgrades any of the forks it uses to customize them for this bike.
12 Amp battery charger
4 position Regenerative braking which you can adjust while riding
All the upgrades that work on the Talaria Sting also work on the Sting-R. Many of the upgrades made for the Surron X already work on this bike. Luna is working on many upgrades for the Talaria to release this summer.
As for performance upgrades this bike with its 21700 battery and IPM motor is a great candidate for power upgrades although we think it has plenty of power as is.