Works great on my FLX F4 Trail
I have an FLX F4 Trail with the M600 motor. I was never satisfied with the DPC240 display. Small, hard to read, incompatible with polarized sunglasses etc. I ordered and received the DPC860 display for the M600 from Lunacycle.
First off, I didn't gain any performance. Speed limit still the same, can't change wheel size etc. It doesn't unlock the restrictions programmed into the motor controller.
If you watch the video at the Lunacycle site, it's actually a slightly older model they're showing.
All in all, it works great. Simple plug and play and has the triangular connector of the M600.
Here are some of the interesting features.
1) Much more readable display. Viewable with polarized sunglasses. Bright enough for full sun.
2) Ability to set the number of assist levels to 9. While this works, it's not an earth shattering difference. I'm uncertain if the level 1 is the same across this and the original but you definitely gain some granularity compared to the 5 levels I originally had.
3) There are two brightness settings. One for daylight, one for lights on. Lights are turned on/off by holding down the + key for a few seconds.
4) There is much more information on the display.
5) Has Eco/Sport mode setting. Differences are not obvious but I haven't spent enough time with it to be certain.
6) Much easier to reset the trip ODO, time etc. Just hold the + and - keys down for a second or so.
7) It has a clock.
8) Power indicator can show Amps or Watts.
9) Battery indicator can show volts or percentage
10) Can set a turn on password. Haven't used this.
11) Has a "Boost" setting. No idea what this does. Does anyone know?
12) Walk mode is the same as in the original. You press minus until at assist level 0, then one more time. An icon shows up indicating walk mode and then holding the - key walks.
13) There's an icon on the screen showing when the lights are on.
When going through the menus, there are still locked items. One of these is the battery voltage selector. My battery is 48V. This appears to be set to 52V in the menus. Fortunately, this does not seem to be having any effect as state of charge percentage is still correct for a 48V battery. It must understand this from the controller.
I'm very pleased with this product. A great addition to my bike.