Current Top Sellers
- Cane Creek suspension ideal for ebikers
- 1.3" range of travel (for 3 inches of travel see the LT)
- Constructed of Forged CNC aluminum
- Delicately detailed with Stainless Steel axles and PTFE-impregnated sintered-bronze bushings.
- 27.2mm seatpost diameter. Use optional shims to make it fit your larger seat tube
- (31.6mm shim sold here), (28.6mm shim sold here)
- Comes with 2 firm inserts
Suspension seat posts are an ideal solution for ebikes where rear triangle space is critical for battery storage and the drawbacks (a bit more weight and a bit less efficient when pedaling) are negated by the electric motor.
Luna is proud to offer authentic Thudbuster Seat posts at the lowest price anywhere to make our customers e-ride a little bit cozier.
This is the ST (short travel version) which only gives you 1.3 instead of the 3 inches the LT gives, but for some riders the 3 inches is too cushy.
Thudbusters have proven to be enough suspension for most ebike riders and is a very popular upgrade.
Full suspension mountain bike frames are not well suited for mounting ebike batteries. The ideal ebike conversion has always been a hard tail frame because then you have a full sized triangle to mount a battery pack.
A Thudbuster gives you 1.3 inches of suspension which is good enough for most ebikers.
Since most Ebikers are not riding really technical off road, a suspension seat post is usually adequate suspension instead of a rear suspension.
Great seat post!
Posted by Unknown on Jul 17th 2016
I paid 150 dollars on Amazon for this post before Luna started selling it. This is a great post especially if you don't have the room for the larger LT model or you don't want a ride that is too squishy. Very good at smoothing out the vibrations of the road and soaks up and takes the edge off medium sized bumps as well. I would say this is more for people that ride roads, MUP's and smoother dirt trails.