Now "Heavyweight" American edition...extra beefy seat subframe for 250 pound rider max
Now you can opt to switch to the MX wheel set for a $150 upcharge.
- For Riders 16 years of age and older!
- This bike is sold as an off road vehicle not for street use
- 40ah (38.4 nominal) 60 volt battery with 21700 LG cells
- Luna Special Black edition
- 95% efficient IPM motor (Sting R motor)
- 17 inch Super Moto wheels - 70/90-17 front tire on a 1.6'' wide rim 90/80-17 front tire on a 2.15'' wide rim
- 4 piston hydraulic brakes
- giant 220mm brake rotors front and back
- Bright headlight with 3 position switch for high beams etc
- 125 pounds
- DNM 8 inch suspension front and Rear (Factory fork may be substituted depending on stock)
- Regenerative braking 4 levels (Luna Tuned)
- Max rider weight 220 pounds
- Shipping Info
- Manual & Assembly Info
- Check out our Facebook Talaria owners group for Upgrade information and shipping updates
NOTICE: This bike is sold for off-road use only. It is speed and power limited to comply with federal, state and local laws. Please do not bypass this restriction or modify it to go faster.. The buyer takes full responsibility of the proper use of this product which may or may not conform to all applicable laws in the region it is ridden.
We sale the XXX as an off-road only bike limited to 20mph. If you remove the limiter, you do it at your own risk (we do not recommend it) and the bike will go over 40mph.
The XXX utilizes a built in battery which can be removed in about 5 minutes after taking off the rear wheel, and releasing a quick release on the rear suspension. It is a 40ah max 38.4ah nominal battery consisting of 128 LG M-50 21700 cells in 16s8p configuration. Its 2400 watt hours and efficient IPM motor should give you a more effective range than the newest Sur-Ron X.
More Efficient and Reliable IPM Motor
We are very excited about the upgraded motor on this bike, the same motor used in the Talaria Sting R. This is a Talaria Built IPM (Interior Permanent Magnet) motor with bigger and better magnets and a far superior design to the stock Sting and Sur-ron. This means better efficiency, better heat dissipation, and most importantly much more reliability than the stock motor. Magnets coming loose or demagnetized and hall sensors coming loose were the biggest causes of motor failure in the Sting/Sur-Ron. This motor also includes a magnetic encoder which removes the need for hall sensors. If you ever upgrade this bike with a more powerful controller this motor will handle much more power than the stock motor, and because it is more efficient you will get more power out of it. This motor will do higher RPMs than the older motors as well, and will give you a more robust power curve.
XXX COMPARED TO THE STING R
Similar DNA to the MX4 Sting R in a smaller and lighter form factor at a much lower price point:
- IPM motor (identical motors)
- FOC Sine wave controller
- OLED compact display
- Full Suspension
- Throttle and smooth throttle response
- 4 piston hydraulic brakes
- 220mm brake rotors front and rear
- Smaller form factor (more maneuverable, more low key)
- Belt reduction like the Surron (not a gearbox)
- Single pivot rear suspension (Sting R has a more complex linkage)
- 40ah built in battery compared to Sting R 45ah quick swappable battery
- 125 pounds vs Sting R 145 pounds
- RFID start instead of key start
- XXX = 31.5 inch seat height MX4 = 33.5 inch
- XXX has complex headlight with switch, Sting R only basic led light in front
The light and nimble XXX is better suited as a “daily rider” where the Sting R is better suited for hard core trail riding conditions. The biggest advantage of the XXX over the Sting R is the unbelievable $3250 price.
There will be many upgrades coming soon for this brand new bike...but there are two big upgrades Luna is rushing which will be available this summer which may influence your buying decision on the XXX.
Trail Wheel Set
We will be offering a mx wheel set for this bike, made by the Talaria Factory. This set will transform the XXX into a dirt bike. The wheel set will be 19 inch wheel on the front and 17 inch on the back and will have CST knobby tires. This will raise the XXX seat height by one inch. The kit will sale for around $400.
Quality pedal kit
This kit is comparable to the Kaniwaba pedal kit, and will transform the bike into a legit e-bike. This kit will be made from quality CNC components and will allow you to pedal the XXX if you run out of battery, and get a little exercise at the same time. Although this is a much higher quality kit than we have previously offered, this pedal kit is mostly for the aesthetics of making the XXX look like a cool pedal mountain bike. We expect this kit to retail for around $125.